he village of Rockley nestles in the Marlborough Downs. The first time we passed the church in 2002 it was being used as a nursery school (Oakley Court), and at our second visit (2011) it was a private residence. The British Listed Buildings websites tells us it was also at one time a restaurant - The Loves & Fishes.
After we appealed for information about the church we were told (thanks Karen!) the land was given by the Tanner family. The foundation stone for All Saints was laid in 1872 and the chapel was opened in 1873. It was not licensed for marriages and was never consecrated. The chapel closed for worship in 1961.
The building is Grade II listed - more information about the listing can be found at the British Listed Buildings
There is a photograph of a stained glass window, designed by Arthur Anselm Orr, that was in the church, along with information about the window at the: Stained Glass Museum
More information about Rockley can be found at the Wiltshire Countil Website