Harold John Fleming (30.04.1887 - 23.08.1955) lived in Swindon and played for Swindon Town Football Club, and gained eleven caps playing for England. He is considered one of the club's greatest players; there is some footage of him playing at: YouTube.com
. Fleming Way in Swindon is named after Harold, the road ending near the County Ground (home of the club).
On 1st September 2019 a blue plaque was unveiled by four former Town players - Don Rogers, John Trollope, Frank Burrows and Andy Rowland at 5 Durham Street, a former home of Harold. The plaque was organised (and paid for through fund-raising) by the Swindon Heritage team. Information about Harold and the plaque can be seen at: www.swindonheritageblueplaques.com
Amongst a box of family photographs we found a postcard (by Protheroe & Sinnons) of Harold which was posted on 19th February 1910 - the day of a match. Written on the back is:
The man that put the Spurs out of the cup.