s we passed this building we thought it was a church so stopped to take a photograph, but a notice outside indicates it is a school. After asking on this page for information, two people contacted us offering the following information.
According to John Jackson's notes about Leigh Delamere, (see Leigh Delamere's Wiltshire Collections entry, note 3), "The church ... was entirely taken down in 1846: but the chancel, with its Arch, Reredos, and curious Bell Turrett, were re-erected at Sevington as the village school."
Our second contact told us her son had recently visited the school, which is now run as a Victorian school. Pupils dress and act the part of Victorian school children. For a newspaper report about this project follow this link: Sevington School